The day I got my first camera, I decided I was going to be a photographer, come hell or high water.
When I finally realized I could make money with this little piece of tech, I had big goals. I wanted to…
- Photograph high-end weddings all across the country
- Pay for my education without getting student loans
- Travel the world with my camera
- Have enough clients that I never had to worry about getting a ‘real job’
I had a lot of small goals too, like…
- Paying for a new lens with money I had made taking photos
- Learning exactly how to get a perfect shot
- Working as much or as little as I wanted depending on the season of my life
- Meeting other photographers and being a part of a community
I quickly started photographing anything and everything, learning as I went (often with somewhat disastrous results). Pretty soon I was hemorrhaging money on equipment, buying gear I didn’t need, feeling frustrated with my shots, and realizing that there was a lot more to this photography gig than just pressing a button.
I made the decision that if I was going to do this, I needed support: I couldn’t learn by just googling anymore.
I had to make myself – and my business – a priority if I was going to turn this dream into a reality.
And it did!
- I started booking 30+ weddings a year; not just in NL but in Vancouver, Banff, Halifax, and all across Canada, as well as at high-end resorts like the Fogo Island Inn and Battle Harbour – each one dreamier than the last
- Began to get inquiries from huge brands like Macleans, Lululemon, Walmart, Reader’s Digest, and Global News
- Went on multiple month-long trips through Europe, photographing it all!
- Paid for my degree without going into any debt
- Purchased my first home at 23 all by myself with the credit and income I had created (no co-sign here baby!)
- Was able to help my brother through school
- Supported local charities I care deeply about
The new photographers mentorship is a 12 week group coaching program for new and emerging photographers who are ready to start making consistent monthly profit and create that freedom in their lives.
Advanced Photography Techniques
Learn how to light your scene, work in tight situations, pose with ease, and edit to perfection without living behind a screen.
Price yourself for success
We’ll walk you through creating a business plan that allows you to work the hours you want and make a sustainable income, as well as how to package your services for the best results. If you put the work in, your entire 1:1 coaching should be paid for with your next booking. 🙂
I’ll show you exactly how I grew my business to 6 figures without connections or crazy talent, just hard work and learning new tricks.
Contracts, negotiation, difficult conversations… oh my! We’ll cover all the scary things that can come up, and how to avoid or handle them.
Plus: so much more
You’ll have the opportunity to pick my brain on 12+ years of experience as a business owner: web hosting, image back-up, building your kit, setting goals, website design, social media, making the sale…. and any other questions that nag you about pursuing this career, and you’ll have me cheering you on and helping you put all of this into action.
Initial 1:1 VIP Road Map
We’ll spend an entire afternoon together (either virtually or in person) going over where you are, where you want to be, and how to get there.
Weekly Group Calls (x12)
Each week we’ll all get together for a call: some weeks will be dedicated lesson plans, some weeks will have guest speakers, and some weeks will be straight-up pick my brain with zero gatekeeping.
Daily Voxer Group Chat
Have questions in between the calls? Want to share a win with the group? You’ll have access to a group chat where you can reach out any time, any day.
Monthly 1:1 check-ins
Each month we’ll do a check-in to map out your goals and discuss anything you’d rather not talk about in the group setting.
This is for you if…
- You’ve always dreamed of more
You *like* your job (or maybe you don’t, I won’t tell on you)… but you’ve had this nagging feeling that there’s more out there for you.
- You have an eye for photography, but you’re really nervous about taking the leap
The biggest thing keeping you back? Your own fear.
- You’re ready to put yourself first
You’ve spent years putting your family, work, and everyone else first… and you’re finally ready to start prioritizing yourself.
- You want someone to help you on this journey and get results fast
You don’t want to put this off any longer. You’re ready to work with someone to achieve your dreams.
The formal stuff:
Bachelors of Business Administration from Memorial University
Named Atlantic Canada’s Top Young Entrepreneur
Recipient of The Arts and Letters Award in Photography